Landscape Materials Outlook
Based on our assessment of the current situation and industry conditions, we expect continued shortages and/or price inflation on many of the most frequently purchased products within our industry.
- Hardscapes / Plants / Mulch / Soil / Fertilizer: Many of our manufacturers and vendors are adding transportation surcharges due to rising fuel prices. This is impacting all our product lines – especially those most freight intensive such as hardscape and nursery products.
- Irrigation – PVC Pipe: Global resin shortages are expected to limit PVC pipe production and keep costs unusually high.
- Irrigation / Lighting: Electronics will be in short supply for the foreseeable future due to ongoing semiconductor chip shortages.
- Turf Seed: Market instability for seeds will likely continue into the new crop for 2022. Seed availability will be better once a new crop is harvested.
- Nursery Products: Plant material larger than 7-gallon sizes is expected to remain in tight supply through 2022. Items such as large upright evergreen screening material, commodity items, and other specialty intrinsic items likely will remain in short supply for several years.
We also believe that manufacturers and growers will implement further price increases this year across numerous categories including core irrigation products, PVC pipe, plant material, and hardscape products. We are working diligently with our supplier partners to mitigate the impact of these factors and provide you with as much advance notice as possible.